Skip to content


For help with course information
Contact the relevant registered training organisation (RTO) directly for information about:
  • choosing a course
  • course duration
  • course structure
  • course cost
  • government subsidies
Use the search functions on the home page to locate the RTO that can provide the course you are interested in.
Return to top
What can I do if I am dissatisfied with my training provider’s service?

If you are not satisfied with the quality of service or training being provided, and you think your training provider is breaching, or has breached, its legal requirements under National  Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011 (the NVETR Act); the first thing to do is to have your complaint investigated through your RTO’s internal complaints and appeals processes

Australian students (including permanent residents)

If you are not satisfied with the outcome after following your RTO’s internal procedures,  and still believe your RTO is breaching or has breached its legal requirements,  you have several options:

It is important that you can show the regulator that you have followed your RTO’s  formal complaints procedure and the response that you received from them.

  • Students enrolled with a public training provider (e.g. TAFE) can lodge  an external appeal with the State Ombudsman’s Office. Contact details for the  State Ombudsman Offices are available from the websites below:
State Ombudsman’s Website

Students enrolled with a private RTO can lodge complaints with the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC). The ACCC will only have jurisdiction to investigate complaints that are in breach of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010. Visit the ACCC website for details on how to submit a complaint.

If students enrolled with an approved VET FEE-HELP provider think the actions of their provider have led to them incurring a HELP debt unfairly, they can lodge a complaint with the Department of Education and Training. Students can contact the Department by emailing

Overseas students

If you are an overseas student in Australia on an overseas student visa, and you are not satisfied with the outcome or the way the training provider handled your complaint, you are entitled to take your complaint to an external appeals body.

Overseas students enrolled with a public training provider can lodge an external appeal with their State Ombudsman Offices (listed above).

Overseas students enrolled in a private training provider can lodge an external appeal with the Commonwealth Overseas Students Ombudsman (

All students

  • If you are unsure who should handle your complaint, you may register your concerns with the  Training Complaints Hotline which will refer your complaint to the relevant authority for consideration.  

    Contact Skilling Australia on phone 13 38 73 (Monday–Friday, 8am to 6pm nationally) or email  
Return to top
For help with the functions and technical specification available on My Skills
Contact the My Skills project team for information on how to:
  • use the search functions
  • sign in or update RTO details
  • find information on data definitions and data structure
Please complete all the fields in the contact form below and click 'Submit'. We aim to respond within 72 business hours.
Return to top