This course is a JobTrainer eligible course. Learn more about JobTrainer.
- State/TerritoryJobTrainer course fee Next start date
- State/Territory: NSWJobTrainer course fee: $0Next start date: Contact the Training Provider for more information
- State/Territory: NTJobTrainer course fee: $0 - $100Next start date: 01/07/2022, 12/07/2022, 01/08/2022
- State/Territory: QLDJobTrainer course fee: $15 - $400Next start date: Contact the Training Provider for more information
- State/Territory: SAJobTrainer course fee: $100 - $3,885Next start date: 30/06/2022, 01/07/2022, 03/07/2022
- State/Territory: TASJobTrainer course fee: $0Next start date: Contact the Training Provider for more information
- State/Territory: VICJobTrainer course fee: Free or low-feeNext start date: 10/07/2022, 18/07/2022, 10/10/2022
$7643 is the average course fee entered on My Skills by 49 training provider(s).
Not all training providers enter this information on My Skills. Contact each training provider directly for further information.
15 Months is the average course duration entered on My Skills by 42 training provider(s).
A guide to durations can be found at Australian Qualifications Framework. Not all training providers enter this information on My Skills. Contact each training provider directly for further information.
This qualification reflects the role of educators in early childhood education and care who work in regulated children’s education and care services in Australia. Educators at this level are responsible for designing and implementing curriculum that meets the requirements of an approved learning framework and for maintaining compliance in other areas of service operations. They use specialised knowledge and analyse and apply theoretical concepts to diverse work situations. They may have responsibility for supervision of volunteers or other educators.
Early childhood educators work in long day care centres, family day care, pre-schools or kindergartens.
To achieve this qualification, the individual must have completed a total of least 280 hours of work in a regulated children’s education and care service in Australia as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of units of competency. The total number of hours may be applied collectively across all units of competency that include the requirement for workplace hours.
No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
Under the Education and Care Services National Law (2011) the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) publishes lists of approved early childhood education and care qualifications and information regarding regulatory requirements here: www.acecqa.gov.au.